Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This must be some type of sick joke!!

Well I wanted to provide you all with an update. I went in to my doctors office this morning for blood pregnancy test #2 of frozen embryo transfer #4. My doctor informed this afternoon that the hcg level (the pregnancy hormone) only increased by two. It was 90 on Monday and 92 today.

Well folks, that is definitely not a good thing. When I gave blood this morning, the nurse said that it needed to be 180. Needless to say, I am a little more than disappointed. I really thought it had worked this time.

Now if that news isn't bad enough, my doctor told me to stay on all my meds and come back on Friday. My mind knows that it is over, but the continuing of the meds and going in for a third blood pregnancy test, is making my heart have hope.

Before ending the call, my doctor explained to me that he would like me to come in on Friday because there is a chance that both of the embryos implanted at first and that one may have ceased from developing. Therefore, that would cause the stagnation in hcg. It does not make sense to me and it didn't make sense when he said it, but I was just too upset to ask him to elaborate. All I could focus on was the fact that he did not tell me the new that I was expecting. He also told me to keep my fingers crossed for Friday, but that he was not optimistic about the outcome.

If the professional that does and sees this all the time is not optimistic about the outcome, how can I be?

I guess it is another chemical pregnancy for me (chemical pregnancy is a very early miscarriage. The HCGs may not have dropped because your body hasn't realised it is a lost pregnancy yet).

~Extremely Disappointed

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up just yet.. I HAVE seen this happen and girls have gone on to have healthy pregnancies, I promise.. What your RE said is actually true, sometimes the level doesn't double for whatever reason, then it just takes off after that.. Don't throw in the towel, BUT definitely be cautiously optimistic.. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers and kind words. It didn't work out, but I am finally ok with that. It'll happen eventually.

    ReplyDelete